This year we’ve added maple sugaring to our homesteading list, and so the past weeks have been peaks and valleys of activity boiling down sap. The result is a nicely flavored rustic maple syrup. So far we’ve managed more than 4 gallons of homemade pure maple syrup; which of course has us thinking pancakes pretty steadily around here!
That brings me to today’s post–a basic homemade Bisquick(R) recipe for pancakes to begin building our recipe book to go along with our all purpose baking mix. After all, what good is a mix without something to make from it?
Homemade Bisquick Pancake Recipe
This pancake recipe is a simple yet very tasty staple that works up quickly but deliciously, and will help you send your family off ready for the day.
With the ease and affordability of your ready-made all purpose baking mix and this quick recipe, you’ll find it easy to send your crew off well-fed each and every day.
- 2 Cups Homemade Baking Mix
- 1 Cup Milk (or Buttermilk if preferred)
- 2 Eggs
- *Can add any favored additions such as berries, nuts, or chocolate chips.
- Mix all ingredients together and whisk or stir until moistened and mixed through, but not over-worked.
- Pour onto hot griddle or pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook first side until small bubbles appear and pop, then flip.
- Cook second side until golden brown.
- Serve warm with maple syrup or favorite toppings.
One more old-reliable recipe to fill out your box!
There are more to come, so if you found this post helpful please subscribe to the Homemade Homestead via email and never miss an update!