Be sure to Subscribe to keep up with all the recipes and posts from The Homemade Homestead. You’ll get only updates from this site, and your information will not be sold!
Earlier this week I gave you a Classic Pancake Recipe to use with your homemade baking mix. Today, to continue our list of reliable stand-by recipes, I give you another necessary, a homemade Bisquick (R) biscuit recipe. You’ll come back to this recipe again and again as a side for soups and stews, a base for biscuits and gravy, a topping for pot pies, a base for shortcakes, or just to enjoy with some butter, jam, honey, maple syrup….
…Obviously the possibilities and uses for classic biscuits are endless, but it all starts with a good, solid recipe!
- 5 Cups Homemade All Purpose Baking Mix
- 1½ Cups Milk (or buttermilk)
- Simply mix the 2 ingredients together to form a soft dough without over-stirring (just until mixed through).
- Turn onto floured surface and knead about 8 times.
- Pat or roll to ¾ inch thickness.
- Cut and place on ungreased cookies sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
What other Bisquick recipes or recipes for use with your all-purpose baking mix would you like to see? Contact me or leave a comment below and I’ll see what else is lying in my box!